I have been giving a lot of thought to my own writing and the journey I have taken thus far. Let me tell you, looking back, my preconceptions about being an author were WAY off. As an amateur I truly had no idea what I needed to do or what to expect.
That being the case, I’ve decided to write a series of articles talking about the various stages of my writing journey and the misconceptions I had.
At this very moment, I think the series of articles will look something like this:
- Being a (Perfect) Writer
- I had lots of questions when I began. How do I write a story? What is it about the craft that I need to master before I ever submit a story? What genre should I write? How do I submit a story?
- Writing (Perfect) Beginnings
- Plotting and Writing a (Perfect) Novel
- (Perfect) Selling your Story
- (Perfect) Marketing Techniques
Geez, just writing the titles for the list of articles has made me tired of the word ‘Perfect’.
Watch for the first article this Wednesday.