Episode 2 is finally here. I wanted to get an episode out every month for the first few until I get into the groove. I almost made it.
I’m using a new microphone which worked pretty well although I did run into an annoying hum partway through the recording. I’ve still got some work to do.
I encourage you to send me your thoughts and feedback on this episode so I can make it better.
00:00 — Opening – Get Published, Episode 2
- Everything has to start somewhere and this is the start of “Get Published”
0:14 — Introduction – Show #2: Barriers to Publication
- Who is Michell Plested?
- Bunch of thank you’s
02:46 — Promos: Weatherchild
03:38 — Show #2: Barriers to Publication (continued)
- Feedback, Questions and Answers Segment
- Topic to discuss: Should an author get an agent first or contact the publisher directly? Email podcast at michellplested dot com with your comments
05:06 — Promos: Dragon Moon Press
05:37 — Show #2: Barriers to Publication (continued)
- Sorry for the audio problems
- What could the barriers be?
- The biggest barrier to publication is you, the author (no shot intended)
- Procrastination is not your friend
- Don’t be impatient
- Avoid fear
- Don’t try to be perfect
- Know your market
- Believe in yourself. Be determined!
- Know what the publisher wants
- Have a plan
18:48 — Promos: Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy
20:06 — Closing