I’ve been suffering from low energy and motivation levels for the past couple weeks, but I never thought it was this bad. How bad is it? Well, it’s obviously bad enough that I FORGOT to post last Wednesday. That’s only the second time since this site was started more than two years ago.
What the hell? And to make matters worse, I only just realized it.
All I can say is… well there really isn’t anything I can say, is there? So here is my Wednesday post a couple days late.
I’ve actually been going to bed early the last three days. Part of that is because, as I’m driving home, I’m having trouble staying awake. Never a good thing in rush hour traffice. I haven’t been writing or reading either.
Time to pull myself out of this skid. Holidays won’t be coming any too soon, let me tell you.
I guess I need to set a few goals for myself for the next couple weeks so here goes:
- Finish reading Geist and do my audio and text reviews of it. Put them everywhere.
- Finish reading Cinco de Mayo and put review up for Edge’s “Christmas is Coming” effort. I was asked to do this only a couple days ago.
- Finish preparing “GalaxyBillies” for Podiobooks and get the end-of-story show ready. This is going to take a bit of effort, not to mention recording with a few people, so it could run into the new year.
- Write a short story for 20Spec. I have the idea in my head already and have given it considerable thought so it should flow reasonably well.
- Get back into writing my NaNoNovel (AKA Top Secret Project).
That’s enough goals for the next two weeks, I think. What are you planning to do in that time?
Fingers are crossed that my pirate story for VG Ford is accepted. If it isn’t I have a secondary market in mind but I would love to be part of her anthology “Spells and Swashbucklers”. We will see if it fits or not.